Pages

Saturday 16 January 2010

The sky's the limit!

Happy New Year to one and all!

Didn't get anything done over Christmas except abuse my liver and digestive system until today...

Haven't forgotten the Elves or Orcs (batch painting a load of Skarloc's archers at the mo) but I wanted a go with some of my new toys, namely a pin vise, razor saw and assorted files...

I've long wanted to do a Silurian Pterosaur rider, as featured in the Virgin novel Blood Heat, and having bought one of Ral Partha's Lizard warrior on a Flying Reptile a while ago I've just been waiting for the right tools for the job.


Now I don't usually post pics of unpainted minis but I was quite pleased with my first (in my opinion) major conversion! There was of course the task of switching the legs round with the Lizard Warrior and a Silurian, along with a bit of pinning, arm repositioning and green stuffing to get a fairly dynamic pose.

I had to chop off the Pterosaurs horn/crest as unless it flew with its head constantly to one side it would have impaled its unfortunate rider! A couple of brain implant/reins leading to the Silurian pilot completed the build. The clear flying bases are temporary for the photos - waiting for a nice scenic one to come in the post. Now to the paint pots!









3 comments:

  1. Great idea, of a Pterodactyl myself, I must try to make a similar conversion. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is there a photo of the final painted model?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry Brian - been away from the blog a while! Yep - here's the finished article http://teasgettingcold.blogspot.com/2010/01/chocs-away.html#more The Ral Partha really is a great base for the conversion.

      Delete