Pages

Sunday 12 May 2013

Bog Gobs - Armoured Division

Howdy folks - got another LPL entry for you.

I present the Testudo Tank, crewed by the finest Shell Shock Troops of the tribe!




This one was a blast (if a little time consuming!) and almost finishes off one of my little side projects - 4A Goblins.

If you haven't seen them before they are sculpted by the legendary Kev Adams for the excellent Four A Miniatures. Here's most of the range so far that I've painted for my war band -


and some still in the paint queue...


Some of whom you may spot crewing Eureka's Turtle tank!


Detail of the driver, forward crewmen and upper gun deck - a few simple conversions lurking in there.


Gobbo gunners and spotters - I had a little fun with the banner too!


Another angle...


... and the rear crew, having a sneaky half!

 


So just a few more Goblin villagers, shaman and the excellent Crab rider to finish off - until the next release comes out that is!

Don't forget to support Goblin Aid if you can - almost all the Gobbo sculpts are in and nearly ready to be sent for casting!

16 comments:

  1. Amazing! A truly great project completed to an exceptional standard, well done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Paul - got a few more to paint up to finish the unit of foot troops.

      Fingers crossed that Kev makes a swift recovery as there are some interesting sounding additions to the line in the pipeline...

      Delete
  2. That is such an amazingly killer model. I love howdahs on large monsters and this is such a prime model for that! You did it real justice :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. No offense to you other projects of late but this is the best thing we've seen from you recently...it displays amazing skill, creativity, and just the right amount of humor...pure old school with totally new figures. You're the man!

    ...ok...I have to admit I miss the banner reference....is that a UK gas station logo or something?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Blue - it was a lot of fun and I guess that shows!

      Much as I love the Lustrian stuff, maybe I'm missing my gobbo's?

      As for the banner, check this out ;)

      Delete
  4. Looks brilliant and great job on the banner!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kasper - after the Hot Tuna reference on the shield I figured some other contemporary references might be fun!

      Thanks to a conversation over on the LAF, I'm now considering adding a balsa wood surf board and naming the driver Mr Zogg...

      Delete
  5. Really nice model, all well painted and put together, love the use of the turtle tank.
    I like the slightly aquatic feel of the 4A goblins.
    They all look like they could go Slann hunting in the swamps of Lustria !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That has crossed my mind once or twice too... ;)

      Have you seen the Sea Demons I painted - also from 4A Miniatures

      Delete
  6. Hehe, perhaps you could write them into your Gurggl narrative or they could always attack across the water at Riggs Shrine?

    I saw the Sea Demons on your blog. They are very nicely done, and an unusual thing to do, but it makes a change to paint different things for fun. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Certainly does - I'll have to get them into a game some time though...

      Delete
  7. Great set of minis ... great paint jobs and the centre piece is a triumph. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks muchly Harry - I hear there's more new releases on the way so sounds like the warband will keep growing!

      Delete
  8. Congratulations on a magnificent piece! Truly inspiring!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Mouse - loved that Boar rider of yours too recently. Caught myself eyeing up the unit of Grunta's Ive had primed for a couple of years now the other day.

      Delete