Pages

Wednesday 5 June 2013

All Quiet on the Martian Front

Well the Alien Dungeon Kickstarter for their new game , All Quiet on the Martian Front, is over and amazingly the amount raised exceeded $300 000! That means lots of extra freebies and in particular, a resin model of a downed Tripod and an escaping Martian, which I'm really looking forward to.



To stop me climbing the walls in anticipation (and I've been hankering after some kind of H G Wells inspired table top action for a while now!) I've set up a new blog, called Of Men and Martians, to explore all things Wellsian, Martian, tripedal and generally connected to the War of the Worlds. I'll also be using it to get to grips  with a new scale - 15mm - and all that entails in terms of scenery and playing area.

Worry ye not however - I'm still committed to my Lustria project! Building continues on the Shrine of Rigg and I have an update to share soon with a trial paint scheme for the interior which I'm pretty happy with.

As the LPL draws to a close I'll be looking at the Lustrian stuff I've painted up for it and cracking on with finishing off whichever faction inspires me...

2 comments:

  1. As I have a WotW board game in the offing I shall be watching your Wellsian blog closely! Hoping to get prototypes of Tripods! printed by september and will post pics when I do. Might even get some Alien Dungeon tripods to put in my copy, my own tripod model is nearly sculpted and ready for painting. Great stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This sounds very exciting - can't wait to see your Tripods!

      Delete